This project builds on previous work at UAA related to data equity. Methods for the project include:
- Communicate our key data metrics, their definitions, and their limitations.
- Find and interpret current institutional equity data.
- Use equity data appropriately in teaching, research, service, and administration.
- Avoid harmful uses of equity data.
Our project will improve data equity work by developing a data fluency program for all UAA data users to ensure uniform and meaningful terminology, organization, production, access and reporting are in place.
Lessons learned include:
- The project will extend beyond the Fellowship and be an ongoing part of data equity work at UAA.
- Data literacy and equity work affects all employees at UAA, an integrative and collaborative approach is needed.